Riskware/Asparnet is a highly generic detection for a set of Riskware Installers. Since this is a generic detection, malware that are detected as Riskware/Asparnet may have varying behaviour.
Below are examples of some of these behaviours:
- These are some of the illustrations we have obtained during the test for some of this Riskware samples:
- Figure 1: BitTorrent client.
- Figure 2: BitTorrent Toolbar.
- Figure 3: Installer.
- Figure 4: Installer.
- Figure 5: StartUp Page modification.
- Figure 6: Developer's website.
- Figure 7: Installer.
- Make sure that your FortiGate/FortiClient system is using the latest AV database.
- Quarantine/delete files that are detected and replace infected files with clean backup copies.